5/20/08 Business Meeting

South City Limits

 

Meeting called to order @ 7:10pm.

 

Road Captains sign up sheet for June rides was passed around.

 

Thanks to all that attended PTO training in Las Vegas in May. It was a great learning tool for the officers that attended to help make our Chapter better. Next year we will bring up the discussion to possibly pay a portion of the costs for officers that attend the yearly training. Thanks to Steve Purkiss for printing the officers business cards that came in use at the PTO training. Their theme this year was: “What was your spark?” Vicki will be using that in the next Chapter meeting to get stories from Chapter members as to what their spark was.

 

Million Mile Monday is June 30th, all riders should log on to Harley Davidson’s website to record miles.

 

Tara Baesch/co-chair Father Fred:

We have raised $8450.00 to date, all expenses have been met. Brittenmedia will provide banner, and Brian with MBC signs will donate posters listing all our sponsors. Tara is looking to get PSA’s on as many radio stations as she can before the event. Discussion on why the revenue for the breakfast always was separate. Tara would like to see only one charge for both the ride and breakfast to simplify the process. The committee is wondering if we could get nay entertainment scheduled for downtown during the bike show. Team leaders have been assigned for each event to help things run smoothly. Eric Fisher is working on the poker run route, which should be finalized in the next few weeks. Pre-registration is now up and available on our Chapter website. We have tons of old pins from previous years, we will package them together to try and sell at the registration tent this year. Packing party will be at Classic @ 6:30 pm on June 27th. State Theater will put anything that we want on the Marque. Vicki will check with Bob O’ to see if the ride could possibly go down front Street on the way to the VFW for breakfast.

 

The newsletter will now offer a classified section for just motorcycle related items. Deadline to get ads to Sherry O’Connor will always be the 21st of each month.

 

Laurie Vandermeulen/LOH:

5/23 Rhonda Elliot’s house for a spa party/June 2nd line dancing @ Wild Pony/ July 1st ride to Wild Pony followed by line dancing.

 

Eric Fisher/Membership;

Not enough orders for t-shirts/needs just one more to order name tags.

 

Mike O’Connor/Asst Director/safety Officer:

Need more members to signup for advanced rider course. He is working on the stops for the Poker run that we are setting up for the Roar to Shore event. He will get with Lou about the picnic that is tentatively scheduled for August.

 

Sherry O’Connor/editor:

Needs list of activities planned for June from Jim Beam.

 

Surveys will be sent out by email to get further input from members on activities they would like to see.

 

There was a discussion on attending one of the Gaylord chapter’s business meetings with the intent on getting to know their members better.

 

Meeting adjoined.