January 15th 2008

Officers Meeting @ South City Limits

 

Meeting was called to order @ 6:55pm by Vicki Beam.

 

There will be an officer & dealer luncheon with Ben Weeks in Lansing on 1/27/08. Each chapter is allowed to have four people attend. Vicki & Jim Beam will attend, the other two were undetermined at this time.

 

Primary Officers training will take place in May in Las Vegas. Vicki & Jim Beam, Mike O’Connor & Sherry Jones, Steve & Sherry Purkiss have confirmed to go. There is room for one more officer to go. Vicki is checking with Gail Gerske. February 5th registration opens.

 

A deadline of the 25th of each month was set for sub-missions to the newsletter. Sherry’s goal is to have it out by the 1st of every month.

 

Discussion of a possible after hours garage party for women at the Harley dealership. This would be an informative event to answer any questions they might have concerning bikes and riding. Vicki & Eric will talk to Don about possibly arranging this.

 

Birthday greetings are now emailed to H.O.G. members.

 

Cycle Matters website is willing to post any of our chapter events on their site.

 

Chapter Ride/ Safety Topics:

1.Eric Fisher is going to check into the cost of getting vests for each of the road captains, to distinguish them during the chapter rides.

 

 2. Possibly emailing a map of the ride to members each week. That way they could catch up to the group if they couldn’t start at the beginning.

 

3. 1st Responder course and Safe Rider class was suggested. – Mike will discuss this with Brian to see if we want to get a class scheduled for one or both.

 

4. Article on warranties and what they entail for your bike was mentioned for the newsletter.

 

Financial Information from Lew Kirchner:

We made $9.10 last year. We have 5900.00 in savings. Newsletter expenses are down by 500.00 this year. The Christmas party revenue was 1200.00 under expenses, which was expected this year. Silent Auction money was down this year. A suggestion was that we try to get members to donate all year long and have someone store the merchandise.

 

LOH

Laurie would like email address of ladies to be able to send last minute plans to everybody. Correction on the date for the Saturday Massages: it’s March 22nd.

 

Webmaster – posting the directory on line, and adding professions if each member so desires. This would be password protected. Login and password needs to be changed, it’s been more than a year since this has been done.

 

New Member officer – 120 members as of today. Eric has had several members say they would like the monthly meeting changed to Sunday, so they could attend. Meetings will stay on Tuesday. Eric will look into ordering T-shirts w/ Northern Chapter logo on the back.

 

Activities Officer – Jim had good response on the dinner/ride survey. Progressive dinner ride is being finalized. More weekend rides are in the works. Sherman’s garage party is scheduled for April 12th.

 

Next business meeting will start @ 6:30pm.

 

Meeting adjoined at 8:10pm.