June17, 2008 Business Meeting

South City Limits

 

Meeting called to order @ 7:00pm

 

Thank You Mike O’Connor for planning the poker run for the Roar to shore event. We raised 685.00 for The Father Fred Foundation.

 

Vicki suggested next year that we consider moving the Father Fred event to a different weekend in July. Muskegon has a huge 3 day bike event, that now has become a pin stop, and many Northern Michigan bikers might want to attend this.

 

Email will go out reminding the chapter members of the Million Mile Monday and both rides that are scheduled.

 

Steve Purkiss confirmed that the monies collected for the Progressive dinner were given out to all four hosts of the event. Money from last year that went to the chapter by mistake will also be divided up and given out.

 

Vicki would like to have a mass email sent out soliciting responses from the members on what there spark was to ride a Harley.

 

Father Fred signs are ready to be picked up. Tara is holding a meeting tomorrow night for all volunteers at her house@ 7:00pm.

 

Vicki was informed that new Harley owners are questioning Eric if they get membership cards. This was discussed, and the vote was to start new membership cards in October.

A motion was also made by Eric to give new members a rocker patch starting in 2009; this motion was 2nd by Chris V.

 

A discussion was held about how many chapter events can be attend before you actually have to become a member. We have a few members that the significant other is not a member, and has attended several events. Vicki will check on this.

 

Vicki stressed that we as officers need to engage new members and also re-engage old members to become more active, or feel more welcome to the chapter.

 

Jim Beam/activities Director: went over all events that are on the calendar for June/July and august.

 

The date for the picnic in august is now tabled, Jim will try to see if any member planning a BBQ if the picnic could be combined with that.

 

Discussions were done on; website and headings for road captains/advanced rider classes being held earlier in the season/bill at Peegeo’s needs to be taken care of.

 

Brian Z. /Head Road Captain:

Arm bands for Road Captains: Leathers by David can supply a nice one for about 10.00/ea. Motion was made by Chris V and 2nd by Lew K to order 25 of these arm bands and have the chapter pay for them. If the Road Captains want anything additional sewed on they will pay for that themselves.

 

Laurie V. /LOH: 7/27 ladies only ride leaves Classic at 1:00pm – not destination given.

She is also planning a Friday Night live event sometime in august.

 

Meeting adjourned.